Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Beginnings

I am very excited for several reasons.  A couple days ago I got myself a necessary new computer which does several things for me.  First of all, I can stop hobbling along on my old computer which kept crashing and I was loosing files and projects on a regular basis.  It also allows me to get into creating that Steampunk Cintiq Laptop I have commented about earlier.  It also allows me to work much more smoothly, as I don’t have to battle with whether it is going to boot and stay running and keep connected.  I can close the monitor, which will allow me to keep it much cleaner and safer, and in finality (that I can think of on the spur of the moment) it has all it’s keys (WOOO HOOOO!)

What did I get?  I got a Dell Inspiron 1545.  It’s got a 250 GB Hard Drive, a 1.9 GHz 800 MHz FSB 1 MB cache Intel Celeron Dual Core T3000 processor, a 3 GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM which is expandable to 4 GB, CD/DVD Writer (handles DVD +/- RW), a 10/100 mbps Ethernet and Wireless 802.11 b/g modem, a 15.6 inch glossy High Def widescreen format monitor with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 MHD integrated graphics, 7-1 Media card reader, 3 USB 2.0 ports, VGA Video Output, Express Card 34mm slot as well as some other minor “bonuses”.  I am currently running Vista, but will be upgraded to Windows 7 when it is released in late October.  It’s pink, which wasn’t my first preference, but hey, when I am staring at the screen working on a digital painting or talking with my  friends and “boyfriend”, or working at my job, the case color is not so obvious, and on top of that, there isn’t a risk of confusing my computer for his and vice versa now.  LOL

Oh, you didn’t know I have a “boyfriend”?  Why are you writing that in quotes you ask?  Well, I do love him with all my heart and adore him immensely, but we are taking things a bit slowly for protection of our own feelings and those of our friends until we make some sort of decision down the road.  Yes, I am interested in him, and I love being around him, we tell each other we love each other, it’s as real and as fabulous as anything I have ever felt – no it is better than anything I have ever felt, but there are many other people to consider besides our individual selves.  Hopefully (not that we are putting a decision deadline on it) we will know something more in a couple months or so, as we are planning an extended period together, and we will learn if it is real attraction, just infatuation, or just lust. LOL.  I’m hoping it’s really real as I really could see myself being in love with him.

Who is he?  Well, because not everyone knows about us yet, I am choosing to keep you temporarily in the dark, but as soon as we know what to announce, we will announce it and shine light on everyone around us happily.

Other new beginnings?  Well the relationship was the main additional one, but there is also my attempts to get some work going with my “Socking Stuffers” to go to shows and fairs with.  You can see a few on my DA account at http://weavingmagic.deviantart.com

Other new beginnings?  I have been working on some (in my opinion) very nice digital paintings but considering translating them (or some of them) into weavings.

No comments: