Tuesday, November 27, 2007

New Art - Needlefelt Painting

Well, here we are again friends. I am preparing some items for samples to be provided to the organization running a show down in San Antonio I would like to get into. I am also finishing up the piece (needle felted) I have discussed in the prior posts. I am so close to being done I can taste it, but not quite there just yet. I have been polishing and blending, and then I will have to put in a few tiny details (facial features, etc.) that I am saving for the last. It is really looking wonderful though. I am so excited about it. And here it is (sorry about the quality, the camera didn't know what to focus on with all the fuzziness, and my scanner is temporarily on the fritz):



The model for the piece is the beautiful, wonderful, sweet Sarah. The photographer is Brian Cooke. I was given special permission to use this image, and further special permission to post it in the locations it is posted. The base image, the model, the photography are all copyright to those in and involved in the image, and it is not available for other’s use without specific permission. My art is of course copyrighted to me, so please don’t steal, claim, or post in any location.

I am trying to decide on a title but the current title in my mind is “A Door of Chance” which feels upbeat enough for what I am looking for. If anyone has a suggestion on a better title, I am all eyes and ears for it.

I have also begun making finger puppets of felt. These will be for sale for around $2.00 and be geared towards kids of course, but hopefully it will bring some adults (following their inner child) into my booth to see the bigger, better, and higher priced items as I need to eat, pay my expenses, and make a living too. HAHA! ;)

I have some interesting clay window clings coming soon too (as soon as I get the kitchen cleaned). As of writing this particular paragraph, I hope to have them posted today, but if it is not today, definitely tomorrow.

So what do you think? Is there anything you would like to see me making?

No comments: