Sunday, December 9, 2007

Don't Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons...

For they think you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Well, I haven't posted here in a while, not because I forgot. OH no, I didn't forget. It is because I have been beating my head against the table screaming out my creative woes. I have been struggling and drowning in a problem.

I want to create a dragon. A very unique dragon. I see it in my head, but can't seem to figure out how to make the parts come together. So, I decided to make one of my own, building it up piece by piece, and then designing a pattern from that. Then the question was how to begin. OI! So many ideas running through my head and no real means to get them into the proper medium.

So I decided to work on an animal I knew better. An equine. Well, that is easier and harder in some respects. My real problem is how to handle the armature. I want it to be an artist doll (not a toy).

I am going to be building an armature, bulking it some with tape (probably floral to be honest, but we will see when I get that far), then further bulking with yarn, and finally ending with fabric being pinned to get a pattern onto the "model". The actual piece will be possibly (depending on my moments inspiration) glued, sewn, stuffed, trapuntoed (sp?), needle sculpted, gessoed, painted, etc. I really want to give a shot to oil pastels on the fabric structure!

If I can get a horse figured out, then I can move on to the dragon I have in mind.

I hope everyone would be interested to see the outcome as I work it through.

The horse is to be named "Cainwyn Cyra" and will be nicknamed if someone so desires "Cierrah". She is a fantasy creature being, you will understand when you start seeing her creation.

Seems I owe the blog some inspirational entries as well. Those will be on the way shortly.

No comments: