Saturday, December 1, 2007

Short Creative Hiatus (but I am back!)

I must apologize to my readers as I have been attempting to keep a running log of all the inner workings of my art and my creative process, but the last few days have been busy-busy-busy as I have been extremely creative and coming up with all kinds of ideas and getting inspirations from all kinds of places (some very unexpected ones).

I will catch you up here.

In preparing for my show in April, I have come up with all kinds of items, products, and possibilities. I can't divulge too much information (not that I am afraid, but I have not yet figured out all the kinks and details yet. Here is a list of what I have come up with.

  1. Individually painted/lettered business cards
  2. ATCs
  3. Carved, Pyroengraved, Sculpted, and Painted Gourds
  4. Handmade OOAK woodwind instruments (flutes, pipes, etc.)
  5. Jewelry from unusual (but beautiful) materials
  6. Original ornaments (and not just for Christmas) (beads, clay, etc.)
  7. Carved Goose, Emu, and Ostrich Eggs
  8. Beaded, clay, sculpted, pyroengraved "chicken" and "goose" eggs
  9. Rock animals (hidden compartments for storing treasures)
  10. Minature teddy bears, rabbits, dogs, cats, etc.
  11. OOAK dolls (I have several sketched and plans for more)
  12. Rice "bags" in imagery that can be heated to be warmers
  13. Window Clings
  14. Treasure boxes
  15. OOAK detailed canes (for others to make clay projects from)
  16. Magnets of clay "quilts", etc.
  17. Coasters
  18. Trivets
  19. Suncatchers
  20. Sewing Kits from animal forms
  21. Handpainted Soaps
  22. Fairy home door stops
  23. Handpainted mugs
  24. Creative tie/hat/jacket tacks
  25. Fun draft blockers (cause I need them if no one else does ;) LOL)
  26. Hand painted candles
  27. Apple head dolls (in honor of my grandparents and a special gift that was damaged in an unfortunate accident recently)
  28. Felted Soaps (this is the dern coolest idea I have seen around.)
  29. Charms (scented and unscented)
  30. Stuffed Animals (with real character OOAK)
  31. Postcards taken from my art (art produced specific for postcards)
  32. Fabric postcards
  33. "Fabulous Felted Foods" (copyright The Magic Weaver 2007)
  34. Felted book / journal covers
  35. Fingerpuppets
  36. Coloring books

More to come on these as I figure out the problems and work them out. I am really excited about all these things and looking forward to the new adventures they will inevitably bring.

And of course there will be the default bread and butter items:

  1. Paintings (watercolor, oil, acrylic)
  2. Drawings (pastels, ink, pencil, charcoal/graphite)
  3. Spinning (hand spun yarn by me)
  4. Weaving (abstract and realistic)
  5. Sculpture (polymer clay, fabric, assemblage)

No comments: