Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inspirations

I love to get new pretties.

I have some new stones to work with. I am completely overjoyed. I have one piece designed, and will begin working on it today. There is a "series" I have planned, but no details worked yet, and a couple of individuals that I am tinkering with an idea or two. Here are the stones before I get started working on them.The top row has 2 shells sliced and carved to show hearts, then a single ladybug charm (he was orphaned and I couldn't leave him behind LOL) and then 2 abalone shell ovals and then 4 fossilized snail(?) disks. Anyone who can tell me what those are it would be greatly appreciated. In the second row there is a tiger eye like "stone" (I think it is actually fused glass), a carbochon of some sort of very mottled black, pink, purple, white, brown, and translucent (I don't know what kind it is), a piece of pink Magnisite, a piece of green and pink Jasper, a disk that looks like a geode, a piece that is green and brown (probably fused glass), and the cresent shaped piece is the one I have a design already made for it. It is most likely fused glass or resin (I think it is glass though). The last row is first most likely pink granite, then some kind of rust, grey, and transulcent stone, then a rosey red, green, black, and translucent stone (possibly a kind of agate), a green and brown agate, then another possibly pink granite, a piece of purple glass, and then a round piece of glass that looks like giraffe spots.

I look forward to working on these. I hope you like them, and like what I do with them.s

No comments: