Thursday, March 19, 2009

New projects and changes to plans...

Well, life is what happens when you have other plans, right?


Right!


Well, the shows I had set up to plan on going to have either been indefinately cancelled, or I didn't find out how to apply soon enough and then ended up missing the deadline. I hate when that happens, but shall move on.


I still have one show to apply to, still planning my move, and still doing art, though it may seem like I haven't been. I know I have said this before, but this time I mean it... I am going to be more active on my blog now.


My newest piece is titled High Chancellor. It was done from a photograph taken at Medieval Times when I went with a friend Teague-Drydan (http://teague-drydan.deviantart.com/) when she came down to Texas to visit for a few days. I am very proud of it. It was done using Camera Raw and Photoshop CS4. And for what it is worth here is.....

drum roll please.....


High Chancellor

The original photo was taken using a Canon Rebel XTI set on nightshot setting with a flash.
It wasn't easy to get shots in the setting we were in. It was dark, there was strobe lights, smoke, strong lighting affects, and people swinging banners and light up toys etc, so the shots I got were few and far between.
However, I must say, Adobe Photoshop CS4, amazing, breathtaking, and so easy to use!
I'm very impressed.
And I am impressed with the results.
If you are curious, the horse is a Friesian (or Frisian depending on where you are from).
I would love some feedback on this if anyone has any. (constructive please)

No comments: