Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Current progress of artwork

Here is a standing of all work I am in the midst of, for anyone who is interested. I will try to keep a post running of current, future, and past projects to be able to update customers, collectors, and other interested parties.

  • Steam punk Cintiq Laptop Computer:
    I have been gathering research from various blogs, websites, and forums. I want to make this as inexpensive as possible, but as fun and "fantastic" as possible. I am not only researching the constructions of home made Cintiqs, but various styles and ideas in steam punk and "retro technologies". This is getting very fun and exciting as I go deeper and deeper, and I have only put one additional caveat to my rules. It has to fit into the backpack I purchased when I bought the computer to carry it around. I don't want this getting too out of hand with googly artsy stuff. The backpack is very nice, was very expensive, and protects it very nicely. Some of the sites I am getting research from, inspired from, and construction instructions from are as follows (so you can do something similar, should you desire):
    http://www.bongofish.co.uk/wacom/wacom_pt1.html
    http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239433
    More links (of steam punk etc.) to follow.
  • Carousel Horses:
    I nearly have Spring completed, and have been drawing some ideas up for Summer, Winter, and Fall/Autumn. I am really excited about all of them, and will have them all (and yes, I mean ALL) of them posted early in the month of May. Then I have a new series planned with them, that will be most definitely very fun to do.
  • ACEO Cards:
    I have several set up and ready to post, I just need to get them photographed / scanned (haven't decided which yet)
  • Playing Cards Deck:
    Haven't started. Still gathering information on the basic design of them. I will do this shortly though - as soon as a couple other larger projects get completed.
  • Drops of Jupiter by Train Painting:
    It's planned, sketched, and I am working on a rough to get the quirks all worked out. Then I will be painting 1 of the 3 copies of the piece. 1 will never leave my possession.
  • OOAK Munny Doll:
    This is a gift for a good friend of mine. I have his gloves made, his boots planned (but not constructed yet, and have started on his chain mail (chainmaille). I am planning a helmet and a sword that I am making sketches of, and will construct as well. His belt is already made, and now I just have to figure out about his shirt, and paint the face. He's just about the cutest thing you ever saw!
  • Jewelry Line:
    Yes, I have been saying this was coming forever, but it really is. I am getting some designs finished up, and have found a model willing to wear the jewelry to photograph it. I just have to finish them, and send it to the UK. Thanks Lanny! You're a absolute doll!
  • "Mandalas":
    These are being made similar to the idea of Native American Indian sand paintings. True Sandpaintings were destroyed, not saved, and the ones that are sold as "authentic" Sandpaintings have some of the imagry altered to protect the very deep spiritual/religous significance, but they are sold to help preserve the practice of Sandpaintings as the modern world invades the centuries old culture of the Native American peoples. My Mandalas are made out of polymer clay, and designed to be significant to a person, an issue, or a wish. The colors are meaningful, and the designs are specialized. I don't take direct from the Native American People out of respect for their culture and their lively hood, but my little Mandalas are meant to be hung, or put somewhere (private or public) to give a focus of strength, health, wealth, happiness, what ever may be desired. These will be posted (and each posted as it is created), both on my website (http://www.magicweaver.com) which is under massive reconstruction, and here on my blog.
  • Stock Photography:
    I am going to be breaking into the Stock Photography field. I will be selling stock photos on several websites (to be decided after researching some), and providing "free stock" on several locations as well (again decided after researching some). If you have any stocks that you would like photographed, please, let me know and I will see what I can do. I am always looking for new ideas. I will probably focus on plants, flowers, and animals since that is what I have an over abundance of around me, but please, any ideas, requests, thoughts will be welcome.
  • My Website:
    Yes, I have been talking about this for quite some time, but I think I finally have it decided what I am going to do with my website. I will be spending quite a bit of time in the evenings working on it. I will announce it's Grand Re-opening when I am done. Until then you can easily reach me here, or via email at vegalightsmyway @ gmail.com.
  • Coloring Books:
    I have several versions in the making, and will be publishing them via DVD (to be able to print as many of any page you want), or via print (1 copy per page). More details to come.
  • Greeting Cards:
    I have several designs in the making, a few have been completed, but I am working on a full set before any are released.
  • Pysanky:
    I have many eggs of many types (ranging from chicken to Ostrich) that I will post for sale. Even though the tradition is to leave them whole, because some people don't know how to care for a whole Pysanky egg, and I can't trust they will follow my instructions, and because of shipping issues, I sell drained eggs. Trust me, you don't want an egg exploding in the night. It is a foul smell, and they are very tempermental.
  • Gourd/Egg Sculptures:
    This is kind of hard to explain, so just know, it is coming soon!
Thank you for your interest, your ideas, your inspiration, and your patronage. I do hope to continue to hear from everyone, and meet more people on this journey!

No comments: