Monday, April 13, 2009

Updating the art world, and all my watchers

I have been on a bit of a photography kick for a while, and done quite a lot. Not all of it has been macro, but much of it has. I have also started doing some drawings and such. I really need to get going on my website, but I am a little stuck on that. I have several designs, and multiple ideas, but just how to implement them is bum-fuzzling me to an extent I haven't found all the answers yet.

Well as for new photos, I am downloading them to the computer right now, and will have them posted in this message (or maybe a msg or two after to break it up so it isn't hard to read and flow - depends on how many actually work out as I hoped).

I am also writing this blog while I am working on several other projects.

The Carousel Horse (Spring) is just about ready. It has gone through several incarnations, but I am just about done to publish it in it's final state. Just a little more work on the fine details.

The Carousel Horses (Fall/Autumn, Winter, Summer) are in the planning stages, but as soon as I get Spring done I am going to start a new one. It's a toss up of whether it will be Winter, or Fall, but I have lots of great ideas! I hope to have all three of these done by the end of the month of April. I technically have until the end of May, but I REALLY want some down time to work on another project that this one sparked - a Carousel Horse for every month of the year, and tossing in an extra one for Birthdays.

I have some pencil drawings I have been working on. They are going well, but been tossed on the back burner for the Carousel Horses project(s). I will come back to them shortly.

You know, inspiration can come from so many places, one just has to be prepared to use the inspiration they have been handed. I have recently found some such inspiration, and will be creating a series of environmentally based pieces inspired by the art of another artist. (more information on this to come)

OK, so the photos have downloaded, and the ones that don't need cropping are going to be posted in the next msg because there are so many, but the ones that need cropping will be posted in a following msg, because I need time to do the work, and I am too excited to wait to post any of them for the others.

I do hope you enjoy my work.

No comments: