Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Great News (for me)!!!

I am really excited. Sometimes it's te simple pleasures that can do that to us, right? Well, I have been on a new "diet", which really isn't a diet, it's just more about changing the combinations I eat foods in, and I have lost 11 lbs in 1 week! I am ecstatic! I realize, this isn't real fat loss yet, but instead lots of water loss (mainly because I am not much of a water drinker, but will drink it sometimes, but now I am drinking more water than I ever thought possible which is allowing my body to release the water it's been holding on to because it knows it's going to get more shortly).

I can't believe it. I really do feel better too. More energy (though I sometimes get very mild headaches - not enough to take an asprin for - I have a very high pain tolerance), and feeling generally more upbeat. I have a hard time eating all the food I need to eat, but I am trying.

Next week, I start on increasing my activity level. I have a desk job, which takes a lot of time, but I am going to begin getting out several times a day and getting back to walking, jogging, biking, cross training, etc. I am very happy about this as well. When my finances get a little better, I am going to be getting ready for some endurance horse races. This will be challenge on more than one level, because while I am training I will be looking for, training, and conditioning a horse for such an endeavor.

I am excited, and amped, and rearing to go now that I know something about this was successful. It has been a long time coming.

I wish everyone the best!

No comments: